Big Data Engineer
Who are we?
Pixalate helps Digital Advertising ecosystem become a safer, smarter and more trustworthy place to transact in, by providing intelligence on “bad actors” using our world class data. Our products provide benchmarks, analytics, research and threat intelligence solutions to the global media industry. We make this happen by processing over 10PB (yes, that’s 10,000 terabytes) of data and trillions data points a day across desktop, mobile, tablets, connected-tv that are generated using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence based models.
We are the World’s #1 decision making platform for Digital Advertising. And don’t just take our word for it -- Forrester Research consistently depends on our monthly indexes to make industry predictions.
What does the media have to say about us?
http://pixal.at/1RytLD1 (NBC News)
How is it working at Pixalate?
- Pixalate is part of the exclusive club of cash flow positive startups
- We believe in Small teams that produce high output
- Slack is a way of life, short emails are encouraged
- Fearless attitude holds high esteem
- Bold ideas are worshipped
- Chess players do really well
- Titles don’t mean much, you attain respect by producing results
- Everyone’s a data addict and an analytical thinker (you won’t survive if you run away from details)
- Collaboration, collaboration, collaboration
What are the minimum requirements for this role?
- Bachelors, Masters or Phd in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or other related technical field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a software or data engineering role
- Extremely analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities
- Very strong knowledge of SQL and ability to implement advanced queries to extract information from very large datasets
- Experience in working with very large datasets using big data technologies such as Spark, Hive, Hadoop, Redshift, etc
- Experience with Machine Learning big data technologies such as R, Spark ML, H2O, Mahout etc is a plus
- Proficiency in at least one programming/scripting languages such as Java, or Python
- Ability to design, develop and deploy end-to-end data pipelines that meet business requirements.
- Strong experience in AWS and Google Cloud platforms
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Deep understanding of computer science concepts such as data structures, algorithms, and algorithmic complexity
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Deep understanding of statistics and machine learning algorithms foundations is a huge plus
What will you do?
- Design, develop, and support of various big data solutions at scale (hundreds of Billions of transactions a day)
- Find smart, fault tolerant, self-healing, cost efficient solutions to extremely hard data problems
- Take ownership of the various big data solutions, troubleshoot issues, and provide production support
- Conduct research on new technologies that can improve current processes
- Contribute to publications of case studies and white papers delivering cutting edge research in the ad fraud, security and measurement space
What do we have to offer?
- Located in sunny Playa Vista, CA the core of Pixalate’s DNA lies in innovation. We focus on doing things differently and we challenge each other to be the best we can be. We offer:
- Experienced leadership and founding team
- Casual environment (as long as you wear clothes, we’re good!)
- Flexible hours (yes, we mean it - you will never have to sit in traffic anymore!)
- FREE Lunches! (You name it, we’ve got it)
- Fun team events
- High performing team who wants to win and have fun doing it
- Extremely Competitive Compensation
- OPPORTUNITY (Pixalate will be what you make it)